Deyan Sudjic - interview
Deyan Sudjic is Director of the Design Museum in London. His career has spanned journalism, teaching and writing.
The interview was made during from the fifth edition of Element Talks conference - 16-17 June 2018, Warsaw, Poland. Take a look on the summary of the conference and watch other talks :) In the Our Events tab you will find information about next editions of Element Talks and our others initiatives.
Deyan has published many books on design and architecture, including:
- The Edifice Complex (Penguin, 2006),
- The Language of Things (Penguin, 2008),
- Norman Foster: A Life in Architecture (Orion, 2010),
- Shiro Kuramata (Phaidon, 2013)
- B is for Bauhaus (Penguin 2014).
- His most recent book, Ettore Sottsass, the Poetry of Things, was published by Phaidon in September 2015.
Deyan was director of Glasgow UK City of Architecture 1999 and in 2002 he was Director of the Venice Architecture Biennale. He was Editor of Domus Magazine from 2000 to 2004, and was Founding Editor of Blueprint Magazine from 1983 to 1996.
Deyan was made an OBE in 2000.
This lecture was organized in cooperation with British Council, as part of the Creativity Talks.