Deyan Sudjic - The Future of Design
During this talk, which took place at the Element Talks conference in Warsaw, Deyan Sudjic reveals his idea of the future of design.
Deyan Sudjic is Director of the Design Museum in London. His career has spanned journalism, teaching and writing. Deyan has published many books on design and architecture, including:
- The Edifice Complex (Penguin, 2006),
- The Language of Things (Penguin, 2008),
- Norman Foster: A Life in Architecture (Orion, 2010),
- Shiro Kuramata (Phaidon, 2013)
- B is for Bauhaus (Penguin 2014).
- His most recent book, Ettore Sottsass, the Poetry of Things, was published by Phaidon in September 2015.
Deyan was director of Glasgow UK City of Architecture 1999 and in 2002 he was Director of the Venice Architecture Biennale. He was Editor of Domus Magazine from 2000 to 2004, and was Founding Editor of Blueprint Magazine from 1983 to 1996.
Deyan was made an OBE in 2000.
The lecture from Element Talks conference, which took place 16-17th June 2018 in Warsaw. In the Our Events tab you will find information about next editions of ET and our others initiatives, and here more lectures and interviews with great designers.
This lecture was organized in cooperation with British Council, as part of the Creativity Talks.